the past few weeks in choppy sentences….
kissed my white pontiac good-bye, I cried and I laughed and I got to know myself in that car. We held hands and fought and talked about dreams, and you sit and ask me why I cried, and cried when I watched the big flashing lights tow it away on the side of east bound 401 grasping our green eyed puppy. Ive prayed for my hands to be back on that wheel, to smell coconut and peppermint gum. Now it’s sitting in a dirty junk yard, wondering where we went, wondering why I stripped it of it’d CDs, of my ipod, of the peace signs that hung from the rear view mirror. I’m sorry my little pontiac, I never planned to give you up on christmas, No one ever plans on life- it just happens.
lately I’ve lost all vitality. Big changes are coming and it finally brings me hope in getting a new start. This big city won’t know what hit it. im no longer going to hide behind you. I’ll always need your hand but baby just let go for a minute. I am writing because in abandoning this blog I forgot MYSELF.I am writing to remember, I am writing to gain strength from the tragic beauty of my mistakes, and gain hope for the strong woman I am becoming every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment