
Hand in hand the two of us walked around a crowded, akward smelling store looking for camping supplies. My mind is somewhere else, but my heart is with you. As our fingers play games with eachother, you kiss me and i forgot whatever I was thinking about before, because it's not important. After shopping I was starving and tired and the soles of my flip flops were worn and dirty. You drove me to the greek restaurant where we had our first date.
Two heartbroken teens trying to dissapear in another kind of love than what broke us before. I counted your freckles as I picked the chicken off my tangy salad, and we re-opened our hearts to a stranger.
Thank god we did. I think we may have saved eachother...
Today the restaurant was empty, the same greek mandolin was playing, and we were seated at the same table we sat at more than 3 years ago. We looked at eachother in silence as you threw all your sour black olives on my plate and we laughed.
You might be my knight in shining armor, but I could never see you in tights.
Two heartbroken teens trying to dissapear in another kind of love than what broke us before. I counted your freckles as I picked the chicken off my tangy salad, and we re-opened our hearts to a stranger.
Thank god we did. I think we may have saved eachother...
Today the restaurant was empty, the same greek mandolin was playing, and we were seated at the same table we sat at more than 3 years ago. We looked at eachother in silence as you threw all your sour black olives on my plate and we laughed.
You might be my knight in shining armor, but I could never see you in tights.
No comments:
Post a Comment