Surrounded by tired truckers and itchy grass and hungry misquitos, I have never seen innocence so simple and lovely as in that moment on that 18 year old freckled face I adore so much.
We wanted to escape- but I don’t know what from. Life, maybe. We wanted to slip into the skin of strangers, wear it like it was our own, talk and walk and look older and smarter and richer than we really are.
The rest of our trip was filled with trips to hippie shops. I dragged you through door after door, into the tiny cramped spaces that smelled of inscenseYou kept your mouth shut even though the smell of my sanctuaries made your head hurt, even though the hours that passed while my head spun from all the beauty must have felt like an eternity to you. But you make these small sacrifices for your boho-baby because you love her.
We wanted to escape- but I don’t know what from. Life, maybe. We wanted to slip into the skin of strangers, wear it like it was our own, talk and walk and look older and smarter and richer than we really are.
The rest of our trip was filled with trips to hippie shops. I dragged you through door after door, into the tiny cramped spaces that smelled of inscenseYou kept your mouth shut even though the smell of my sanctuaries made your head hurt, even though the hours that passed while my head spun from all the beauty must have felt like an eternity to you. But you make these small sacrifices for your boho-baby because you love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment