Where did we get the notion that pure bliss is something that we don’t already have?
I have been put into so many incredibly difficult situations and it was enough to inspire these fingers to write again, to want to stain my universe with poetry because joy and art and understanding are swirling all around me. Because my eyes haven’t been red from crying for days and considering the windy road it took for me to find myself again that’s saying something.. I've had to make grown up decisions and not look back, I need to do what is right for me, my puppy, my love, my family. I had to make a decision last night that a big sister never wants to make, being two hours away and helpless. What you did was selfish and unexplainable, but I could never hate you for it. I'm not ready to talk, i'm not ready to come to your rescue yet. But you know I will, you know you are the only person that I could only truely love this way. I want you to grow up into a phenominal man, I want you to find someone faithful and hold on, I want so many things for you....
I want so many things for myself, but im learning how to acheive my big dreams, how to become truely happy with everything around you. I have shown myself more than I thought I would.
And you, my blue eyed- brunette boy. The one whom over 5 years has shown me how to fall more and more in love, the one who I tell my secrets too when we are lying on our bright flower patterned comforter. We go through our bad days together and we drive, you and I. Listened to Guster and Matthew Good, and right when I thought the tears were about to come he turned on Taylor Swift and convinced me to sing as loud as I could. Never underestimate the monumental power of a good country song. As the chorus came to a close the traffic got thick and we could see flashy lights ahead. Broken glass and crumpled cars in the middle of the intersection. A heavy set fireman standing on top of his truck and all of a sudden life seemed too short. All of a sudden both of our hearts realized that even though they were struggling they were still beating. Still making the blood flow to our cheeks and the laughter spill from our bodies. Still letting us sing Taylor Swift on a bright afternoon and order salty Mcdonalds fries when we were hungry for sin. And in that moment I knew I was meant to drive down that road, see that wreck. So that I could see LIFE, so that I could remember that these daily tragedies are minor in the grand scheme of the beautiful adventure I am on, and though the hard times may be prominent now, when I open myself up to love, to the world, to the healing power of my goofy blue eyed love, and my green eyed puppy.
Never lose touch with yourself. Never stop creating, decorating, writing, singing, dreaming. Never let routines take away from your world <3
I have been put into so many incredibly difficult situations and it was enough to inspire these fingers to write again, to want to stain my universe with poetry because joy and art and understanding are swirling all around me. Because my eyes haven’t been red from crying for days and considering the windy road it took for me to find myself again that’s saying something.. I've had to make grown up decisions and not look back, I need to do what is right for me, my puppy, my love, my family. I had to make a decision last night that a big sister never wants to make, being two hours away and helpless. What you did was selfish and unexplainable, but I could never hate you for it. I'm not ready to talk, i'm not ready to come to your rescue yet. But you know I will, you know you are the only person that I could only truely love this way. I want you to grow up into a phenominal man, I want you to find someone faithful and hold on, I want so many things for you....
I want so many things for myself, but im learning how to acheive my big dreams, how to become truely happy with everything around you. I have shown myself more than I thought I would.
And you, my blue eyed- brunette boy. The one whom over 5 years has shown me how to fall more and more in love, the one who I tell my secrets too when we are lying on our bright flower patterned comforter. We go through our bad days together and we drive, you and I. Listened to Guster and Matthew Good, and right when I thought the tears were about to come he turned on Taylor Swift and convinced me to sing as loud as I could. Never underestimate the monumental power of a good country song. As the chorus came to a close the traffic got thick and we could see flashy lights ahead. Broken glass and crumpled cars in the middle of the intersection. A heavy set fireman standing on top of his truck and all of a sudden life seemed too short. All of a sudden both of our hearts realized that even though they were struggling they were still beating. Still making the blood flow to our cheeks and the laughter spill from our bodies. Still letting us sing Taylor Swift on a bright afternoon and order salty Mcdonalds fries when we were hungry for sin. And in that moment I knew I was meant to drive down that road, see that wreck. So that I could see LIFE, so that I could remember that these daily tragedies are minor in the grand scheme of the beautiful adventure I am on, and though the hard times may be prominent now, when I open myself up to love, to the world, to the healing power of my goofy blue eyed love, and my green eyed puppy.
Never lose touch with yourself. Never stop creating, decorating, writing, singing, dreaming. Never let routines take away from your world <3
No comments:
Post a Comment