I have become so accustomed to falling asleep while you carefully pluck the strings of your guitar while you watch YouTube videos, or watching animation domination on Sunday nights. I have become accustomed to the sound of the vaporizer on the side table and your steady, deep sleep breathing. I have become accustomed to our wild dog making paw prints in the snow by my dirty lawn buddha and waking us up with his wet nose. I have become accustomed to a home with you.
Because the happiness you spark inside me does not fade with distance, it grows. And they may have stuffed us in the tiniest table at JA's but we filled it with laughter and drank from frothy frosted mugs and I got to appreciate just how blue your eyes are all over again. And after dinner we roamed through the aisles of an abandoned Walmart. Bought cashews and rolos and a puzzle of the paradise you dream about escaping to. Back home you covered the table in 1500 tiny pieces, little parts of the sand, the sun, the bayside houses and crashing indigo waves.
Little by little, we will piece together the lives we want. And they will be everything we ever dreamed of.
And more.
Because the happiness you spark inside me does not fade with distance, it grows. And they may have stuffed us in the tiniest table at JA's but we filled it with laughter and drank from frothy frosted mugs and I got to appreciate just how blue your eyes are all over again. And after dinner we roamed through the aisles of an abandoned Walmart. Bought cashews and rolos and a puzzle of the paradise you dream about escaping to. Back home you covered the table in 1500 tiny pieces, little parts of the sand, the sun, the bayside houses and crashing indigo waves.
Little by little, we will piece together the lives we want. And they will be everything we ever dreamed of.
And more.
No comments:
Post a Comment