Running down the air plane stairs with tired eyes, the smell of the blueberry wind blowing green July leaves around my slightly hairy ankles. Covered in recycled air and wrapped tight in my pashmina.Wishing that my curly haired mama was here to greet me with a hug, a bird pendant around her neck and comforting words in her mouth An embrace that erases the worries that the world holds for a twenty year old with an unsure bank account and a messy car. I am remembering home as I open the orange door and feel the instant comfort that these walls bring. My daddy asleep on the porch swing with beautiful citronella candles everywhere and the moon glistening off the lake that lays in the front lawn.
I am teetering on the world of adulthood and not sure which way to jump. Living for the mornings where I can shimmy and stretch and forget about the bills I have to pay and the dishes I have to clean, the boy I have to take care of, and the endless questions about the future that are demanding to be answered. I wanna stretch out on my blue yoga mat and forget that I dont have any of the answers.
I am remmebering home as I open all of our blinds and let the sunshine in. Watching my daddy in the kicthen cooking omelettes or concocting some delicious dinner that he swears is overdone. Enjoying every bite while missing my six foot brother with the contagious smile makes loud jokes that hurt our ears but bring joy to our hearts. He’s holding onto that innocence and i want to protect that blind happiness with every fiber of my being. I never want him to stop playing shows or singing in the shower. I am remembering curling up in bed with my blue eyed boyfriend. His cold feet brushing mine under the covers and errupting into giggles every time we are on the cusp of our dreamland. I am remembering home on the days when my stomach has hurt and my forehead has glistened with sweat. Chicken soup and concerned eyed and a cold rag by my bedside. A love so contagious I almost wish I could stay sick forever. I am remembering furry dogs with pleading eyes under the dinner table and in the yard. I am remembering, and realizing, how beyond lucky I am to have a place like this. A home is a precious thing to have, and a terrible thing to waste.
And there were my answers. It's time.
No comments:
Post a Comment